- Industry Peak Body
BioMelbourne Network is a not-for-profit, industry-led membership association for organisations engaged in biotechnology, medical technology, pharmaceuticals and health innovation in the state of Victoria.
Playing a critical role in connecting business, research, finance and government, BioMelbourne Network supports and promotes the growth of the sector to facilitate the development and commercialisation of new drugs, devices, diagnostics and digital health technologies in Melbourne.
We champion an environment that enables Melbourne organisations to innovate, commercialise and to impact the future of healthcare locally and globally by:
- Advocating for policy, tax and regulatory settings that support the growth of the sector
- Delivering a high calibre event program of over 40 events per year that provide access to key stakeholders and decision makers, local and international industry intelligence and networking opportunities
- Raising awareness of non-dilutive funding opportunities and government support programs
- Working with the Victorian State Government to lead and co-ordinate international trade activities
- Collaborating with other peak bodies and industry associations to promote cross-sectoral engagement and global connectivity
- Hosting international industry representatives to showcase Melbourne’s capabilities and facilitate introductions with our member organisations
- Promoting Melbourne as a unique health innovation destination to local and international media, governments and strategic partners
- Supporting businesses to grow and scale their operations in Melbourne by providing advice and facilitated introductions to expertise.